Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
purple blooming azalea with Kurume 'Snow'

Posted by katrina1 z6b OK (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 13, 06 at 20:41

My Kurume 'Snow' azaleas were covered with a blanket of white flowers for about 2 weeks, but now the blooms have turned a soft amber shade. The two red blooming azalea plants I mixed with them after they finished blooming last year have this spring bloomed at the same time as my 'Snow' azaleas bloomed. They are strikingly beautiful together with the white 'Snow' blooms, but when the white blooms change to the light amber color the red seems less than compatable.
I now want to move those two wonderful red bloomers and put maybe a purple bloomer or other blooming color which will bloom at the same time as the Kurume 'Snow' and stay about the same potential size.

Does any one have suggestions for such of an azalea cultivar they think will look just as strikingly pretty contrasting with the white as it does when the 'Snow' blooms change to that light amber color?

The Amber color on the 'Snow's blooms seems to end up lasting almost twice as long as the same blooms stayed white. So I guess the substitute bloomer needs to also bloom around 4 weeks or more.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here