Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
victoriamanda

Help my Rhododendron...is it dead or not???

victoriamanda
15 years ago

Hi, I have 2 Rhododendrons that are not dead , but are not showing any signs of new budding this spring, as a matter of fact I was going to chuck em. I did already pull out an Azalea bush that was new last year also. We had a very cold long winter. I just created this new garden last summer. Actually I am pretty new at this gardening thing. I like it though! Anyway, I scraped of a bit of the bark and it's actually green still on some branches, but almost all of the leaves have fallen off (brown). I did not prune it at all yet last year or this year. I am wondering if that is my problem or could it be that my roots are gnarled up and stangling them. I just read that I should have separated the roots some before planting them and I don't think I did that last year. Everything else in my garden is doing great! Well, except the Azalea bush which is now in the garbage. Any suggestions? I do not think it has any bugs or diseases. Could it just be slow from the cold winter or do you think I should check the roots and how do I do that? Any help would be great. Thanks. Vicki victoriamanda@aim.com

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro