Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citysides

My Rhodies and Azaleas are not doing well

citysides
13 years ago

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me. 2 yrs ago I planted 6 Rhodies and 6 Azalea bushes. None of them have done very well. 2 of the 3 Nova Zembla have already died and the one is not doing great. The other 3 "War Dance" have survived but are also not doing well. The Nova were planted North facing and have a significant amount of shade. They were eaten by deer, and also had problems with blight as well as slugs. My other Rhodies are planted west facing. They have been nibbled on by the deer and their leaves seem to be very notched in places. I lost a bunch a branches this yr and the guy at the nursery said it was from winter burn. My azaleas are "Gilbrators" and although their leaves look prety good, they have never flowered since their purchase 2 yrs ago. They are also West facing. I have read the website that many of you recommend on here about Rhodies and Azaleas. I didn't realize they set their buds in the summer/fall. Could anyone explain what these buds look like or post a pick of them? I am not sure if mine ever set any and they were just eaten by the deer or if they are not setting buds and maybe they need some phosphorus? Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored