Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

lots, some, none- azaela & rhodie blooms

Marie Tulin
13 years ago

I have two yaks which have bloomed well previously: the big reliable one has no blooms (but I see lots of foliage buds coming along) the other only 3. What could cause total bloom failure? I know how to dead head properly and not remove next years flower buds.

Percy Wiseman- big disappointment. Over the last two years, two or three blooms each year. Looks like winterburn too. Not fully hardy in zone 5 a? (some are calling us 6b: baloney)

My azaela pouk.... (sorry, too lazy to get entire spelling) is gorgeous. Never fails.

And, mystery of mysteries, Martha Hitchcock is solid fushia/pink no sign of white interior. I bought it past bloom last year, but both were labeled MH. Pretty reliable retailer, too. Very difficult color, also. What do you use with her? I'm looking for perennials or ground cover for her feet: These have a rigid form and I want something to soften the effect.

Finally, that azaela that is a beautiful clear salmon (not blauws) covered in blooms. Both in pretty exposed sites.

sorry some details are skimpy.

Real estate is too dear to have plants that don't perform. Perhaps you can give me advice that will offer them a reprieve.

Thanks.

Sponsored