Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Can I put 2 small Nova Zembla in large pots?

aliska12000
15 years ago

I have bit off more than I can chew and fear I will regret it if I put them on the north side of the house where my PJM's did very well years ago because they say you get more and better blooms if they get a little more sun. The west sun is totally blocked on the north side of my house by an addition. Otherwise people around town get huge purple rhododendrons (a commonish one that must be hardy) on the north side, but they get a little filtered morning and afernoon sun.

There is room on the east side if I transplant a rose I rooted but would rather wait until it is dormant to dig that up.

The west side there is a good spot for the two of them with afternoon sun only, filtered, but it gets too hot by the bricks that stick out from the porch, but would shelter them from wind which I've read is not good. Plus the neighbor is so close his spray drifts.

I'm worried if I grow them in 5 gal pots for awhile that I will have a problem overwintering them as I don't like to bury large pots, garage too cold, basement too damp, and the only thing left is the sunroom. Eventually I'll have to put them in the ground somewhere.

What to do?

Sponsored