Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizzygracepond

Azalea white tips on leaves, lace bug and blight help

lizzygracepond
11 years ago

HI ALL!

I have about 30 Azeleas and am not making progress. I have been here three years, the second year, I sprayed for the lace bug twice in the fall but I believe I waited too long to do the second spray. This spring, I sprayed twice, about 4 weeks apart when the bugs seemed active and destroying new growth. I have not been able to get rid of the lace bug.

Now, this last month, the new growth has white on the edges of the leaves (nutrition deficiency?? ) and they cur as well. You can see it a little in the picture. Now I noticed on a few of them, I have blight starting (on a rose bush next to them), and I can't figure out what to do with them. This is mostly affecting the plants in one area on the front of the house.

I sprayed with Malathion, drenched them as well as I could, inside, upsidedown and out.

I just read there is a systemic treatment I could give them, anyone have good luck with it?

Then to the blight? It seems to have hit only a few so far.

Then what do think the white edges on the leaves are and curling..

I am tempted to just dig up the poorly growing plants and burn them. It is way too much trouble for me and they are not nicely shaped and ..and, unless this can be fixed fairly easliy, it is hard for me to take care of all of this over and over again. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Lizzy

Here is a link that might be useful: Azalia leaf picture

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!