Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galanta_gw

Encore Azelea - what do the colors REALLY look like?

Galanta
12 years ago

Hi! I am a complete newbie "gardener" - really I have just taken it upon me to liven up the parking lot where I work, and just planted a Kleim's hardy gardenia, which is blooming and smelling heavenly and now I am looking for some COLOR. I read about the Encore azeleas and am totally infatuated and determined to plant at least two of them. I bought an Autum Twist (still to be planted) and since the plot it is going into is rather wide, I want to pair it with some eye-popping color. The Autumn Royalty is described as "deep purple" but a lot of the photos I am seeing make it look more a medium purple or almost lavender. The Autumn Sangria seems bright, but again in some pictures it looks just regular pink. Can any of you help me out? I want DEEP COLOR and EYE-POPPING BRIGHT. A fuschia pink (strong and bright) would be my ideal. Purple is my favorite color, but if there is no bright purple in this line, I would settle for a deap hot pink. I do not like peach or red.

Which of the Encore Azaleas do you have and what do they actually look like? Which one would you recommend as the "loudest" and brightest? Thank you!!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored