Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kcinpa_gw

Some photos of my azaleas & rhody

kcinpa
14 years ago

I posted about these over the winter because we are new to this home and the shrubs have not been tended to in 20 years. I cleared out the dead wood which took 4 full days in the early spring- that helped tremendously. They have all bloomed now, and I only have a few lavender azaleas left with flowers on them.

I also climbed into the rhody and up on some of the lower brances before it bloomed and pulled out deadwood from there also.

I've found two small azaleas that I plan on moving, but right now I want to get them trimmed back a bit. Anyway, here are the photos I took when everything was in bloom, hope you enjoy them! Excuse all of the weeds, I have a lot of yard to tackle here!

In front of the house, a sea of red & pink-

{{gwi:393827}}

Along the driveway:

{{gwi:393830}}

View from the house. I plan on moving the small bright pink one out from under the other plant.

{{gwi:393832}}

The one that prompted my first posting- notice the 6ft tall yellow rake against it for reference. I'm taking some off the top this spring:

{{gwi:393833}}

And the big old rhody..... there's a white azalea to the bottom left of it, and some crazy forsythia to the right of it.

{{gwi:393834}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored