Posted by melati z4-5 ME (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 12:01

!.
 photo 0162f92ffb11d78c9e6dfcc2c3de4c82.jpg

photo 22e0f4890381aea41834a03283e7c4ec.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ID please

A decideous azalea, and a late one. There's two different cultivars here, aren't there? Pic 1 has a decided yellow blotch which tells me it could be Weston's Lolipop or even Arneson's Gem (it would have been helpful to capture the leaves of the plant rather than have the hosta leaves looming as they are) in better determining the I.D.

Looking at pic 2, it appears to be an entirely different plant (through angle and sun) and if it is, it could be Admiral Semmes although with it's thick branching I'm thinking Exbury. They're beauties.

o
RE: Need ID please

Oppps sorry birdsong, yes there're 2 diff cultivars, did not know leaves are important in IDing azalea too lol!!!! thought only in Hostas.

this is the 1st one with a little leaves, both are getting very leggy and usually smashed by the snow in the winter from the metal roof.

photo IMG_2522.jpg

2nd
 photo IMG_2525.jpg
I'm thinking I need to trim both so it will get bushier and not as leggy and move away from the roof, should I?
thks,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here