Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhodiekiller

Please Help! I think I killed my Rhodie.

RhodieKiller
10 years ago

I just got this plant last year and it just looks awful. I'm not sure if it is beyond saving at this point or not.

From my reading... I did not cut up the root ball like I should have and am wondering if this is a plant that can recover at this point. Every leaf is curled under, even the slightly greener ones on the bottom/shaded area. It is mostly yellowed with green veins, indicating a potential soil issue. I've tried to use a liquid acidifier for these plants twice and it doesn't seem to have done anything. I even upped the concentration. (Side note: My Gerber Daisies and Euonymus seem to be doing great since I did this).

I tried taking my sprinkler and putting it on a low trickle and leaving it over the rhodie for a few hours yesterday and I was at least expecting a slight perk in the leaves... but nothing!

I have only had one-2 buds bloom and they were tiny and barely opened at all. Not sure if this is a fungus or something on the leaves either.

Thoughts? Should I keep at this or buy a new one and start over? How long can it take to revive such a plant?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus