Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsacks_gw

My azaleas are all dying !

jsacks
16 years ago

3 to 4 weeks ago I applied generous doses of moss killing chemical granules from a big name gardening company to the big slope behind our house where we have 3000 square feet of shrubbery including 19 azaleas among other things.

The application seems to be killing everything on the slope including the azaleas many of which are rapidly becoming leafless. Some already seem to be almost dead while others are in a terrible state. Flowering hs been stunted on almost every azalea while some of the smaller branches have already turned to matchwood.

My wife and I have no idea what to do or if anything can be done. Several very large hydrangeas on the slope have badly gnarled leaves now as well and look dreadful. A large amount of beautiful green-and-cream hosta has turned yellow and looks crushed while the lovely Sedum plants are also gnarled and look deadly ill.

Can anybody advise us how to deal with this (other than cry?!) We are heartsick and devastated at this situation. Beyond this I fear the soil may be contaminated for the future and don't know how to deal with that either.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions, thanks.

JS

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County