Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever heard of Azaleas Re-blooming in one year???

Posted by gardengnomegirl 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 3:24

This fantastic row of many different Azaleas came with the house. I knew nothing about them except that my grandma loved them. I'm new at gardening so, I watch ALOT of gardening shows. One said to pour unsweetened tea on them...so, I did..ALOT of tea!! hehe! One said, to pull off spent flowers, I did! One said NOT to cut back heavily..but, I did anyhow because I couldn't see over them. Well, every year, these plants have only bloomed in the spring. Only this year, have I used those 2 tips.
I don't know what I did right but, it is JULY in GA and these are blooming and budding again! Is this normal???
I am the only one in my neighborhood with blooming Azaleas!SO weird!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever heard of Azaleas Re-blooming in one year???

The previous owner or the builder of the house probably planted Encore Azaleas. They will have a large flush of flowers in the Spring and two smaller ones in the summer and the Fall. There is a smaller number of other types of azaleas that do this but the Encore Series is probably the best known. Luis

o
Other examples

I found a list of rebloomers that I had from last year: Bloomin' Again, Doug's Delight, Northern Hi Lights, Opal, Red Ruffles, Rose Queen, California Sunset. The variety, geographical location and weather are some of the
things that make them re-bloom. Some rebloom consistently, some only bloom heavily in the spring and some only bloom heavily in the fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here