Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowing branches (Pictures)

Posted by kidsmoke z5 WV (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 6:39

I'm not having any luck finding any information on Rhododendron branches turning yellow. These are Nova Zembla. Are they dying?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowing branches (Pictures)

Have you applied aluminum sulfate recently to the shrub? Have you check the soil Ph Level? Nova Zembla can be very sensitive so I was wondering if some ammendment has been added recently to the soil. Luis

o

I haven't applied anything to the soil. They were just planted in early June and unfortunately I wasn't here when the landscapers planted so I didn't see what ammendments they might have made to the soil. So the yellow branches are normal or not?

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 25, 06 at 1:04

Your plant looks perfectly healthy to me. Green, becoming yellow, later turning to brown, or mahoghany red, even an orange cast are not unusual stem colors. Be concerned if your leaves begin to turn yellow :)

o

Thanks for the reassurance morz8. I was kind of thinking the same thing, that maybe the branches are just turning to brown. There is one other Rhododendron on my property that was already here, off on its own, and the branches are all brown and it flowered this year. I checked each plant last night and I see small buds on each one which is also reassuring I guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here