Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
locating a Lord Robert Rhody

Posted by robynh217 NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 10:41

Hello. My husband and I just landscaped in Northern NJ and we had fallen in love with a Lord Robert Rhod. but when we went to puchase, it was gone and we cant find one anywhere. Can anyone suggest nurseries or even internet delivery where we could get one.

I am certain we will have more gardening issues coming up!

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: locating a Lord Robert Rhody

Hello, robynh217. A Sandy Rhododendron in Oregon normally sells them but they are closed until the Fall. You could try calling them to see if, at the least, they still have it in stock for sale by then. Luis

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 14:42

For the sake of precision note that its 'Lord Roberts'. Might be easy to find next year, at flowering time.

o

Lord Roberts is an older variety that has dropped out of favor since other reds such a Nova Zembla are much more popular in the garden centers in this area. Fall is the best time to plant them if you mulch them enough to prevent frost heaving.

Monrovia grows Lord Roberts. They may be able to tell you of one of their customers that stocks it.

Another plant you might consider is Francesca. It has very large, very dark red flowers. It is very showy. It is available from Rarefind Nursery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here