Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which disease?

Posted by ghretta NH (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 14:11

I've read so much trying to figure out what is killing my little bush that I think it has everything. This sad little thing has to be about 15 years old and is exposed to way too much sun, but something else must be happening. Can someone tell me what or which or who is attacking this little guy before it is too late? If you need pictures of something else or can't see these, please let me know - I'd like to save this plant if I can.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/Ghretta/?action=view¤t=rhodi3.jpg
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/Ghretta/?action=view¤t=Rhodizoom.jpg
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/Ghretta/?action=view¤t=Rhodi12.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which disease?

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 07 at 10:44

ghretta, sorry, but I'm only getting the photobucket sign in page, and signing in does nothing to help me find your pictures.

o

I'm sorry about the pictures, I wasn't sure how to do it here. Let's see if this will work right.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 21:38

Thanks, much better.

I don't think your shrub 'has everything', but I do think it's suffered some sun damage/drought by the brown patches on the leaf edges, along with some die back.

Second problem, and I haven't had to treat it myself (possibly our mild cool climate) - lace bug. Both issues could be partially resolved at least if your plant had a little less sun, lace bug is more prevalent in sun, less so in shadier sites. Neem and insecticidal soap been suggested here as an organic control - not having treated lace bug myself I don't have anything on hand to recommend to you - you might want to check with a full service nursery (not box store) for a chemical recommendation as a last resort of course.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lace bug damage

o

Thank you so very much!! I knew they had planted it in too much sun, but was afraid to move it in this condition. I'll look at the link and then talk to the nursery.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here