Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to tame my monster rhododendron?

Posted by Ericamd 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 15:47

I have a rhododnedron in my yard that is appox 30' x 15'.
Any advise as to what I should do with it? I like it, but it's sort of out of control.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to tame my monster rhododendron?

The photo suggests this is more than a single rhododendron. Doesn't make much difference, though. I'd say just continue to enjoy what you have. It would certainly be possible, however, to prune back from the edges toward the center or from the top down if you feel the need.

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 1:38

Where is it 'out of control'? I think it looks just fine. Doesn't seem to be bothering anything.
Mike

o

It's been awhile since I last visited. As with my friends from Maine and Seattle, don't do a blessed thing with this. It's not near the house, and its sited where it's supposed to be. It's spectacular, foilage wise.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here