Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glasser_gw

Is this phytophthera?

glasser
17 years ago

Planted about a month ago, my 'r. roseum' are suffering some sort of dieback. Some leaves wilt and turn black between the stem and the foliage. I have been

trimming these off and destroying them, but there may be some leaves that fall onto the soil (when I'm not looking).

They are planted under apple trees, and in perhaps not the best drainage (especially given the very rainy spring in the Northeast). They are in a very slightly raised bed.

Could this be fungal? Are they doomed? They've lost about 15% of their leaves. Can I re-plant them higher in the same place without killing them?

I'm worried 'bout 'em.

Glasser

"Some forums allow uploading pictures directly from your computer to the forum's Image Gallery. Forums with Image Galleries display a small camera icon next to their name on the main list of GardenWeb forums.

Step 1: Prepare your photo for uploading

See instructions in Step 1 above.

Step 2: Type your message into the New Post form and select Preview

This is the usual message posting procedure. Be sure to add a subject that clearly describes the image.

Step 3: Add the image from your computer

Select the Browse button and locate the file you wish to upload. Once the file name has been added, select Submit to post the message and image."

**I'm actually not that stupid, but for the life of me, I didn't see any "Browse button" . . what am I missing here?**

"Step 4: Submit the message"

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting