Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gator_01

Azalea

gator_01
17 years ago

Hello, I live in the northeastern part of Louisiana.

I just recently had two large oaks cut down that were in my front flower bed. They were to close to the house and needed removing ( I have plenty more oaks in other places tho,lol).

I have around 14 Azaleas in other parts of my yard, 7 of them on the east side of my house which catch morning sun and shaded the rest of the day.

The front of my house, where I had the trees cut faces south and catches full sun for almost 2/3 of the day.

I am/will redo this front bed. I already have two crepe myrtles in it but I will have to move them (getting them further out from my house, they are to close. I am planning on making three raised sections, one at each end of my house and one in the middle for three crepe myrtals and these will be higher than the rest of my raised beds.

Then in the lower raised beds I want to transplant four of my existing Azaleas.

I have transplanted Azaleas before with success but I dont know what type of Azaleas I have. The Azaleas that I will be transplanting are on the east side of my house now and catch a lot of sunshine but not quite as much as they will in front of the house.

Do you think I should try this, Im lost and worried about the additional sunlight even though it want be but about two hours more. They are getting direct sunlight now, until about noon each day.

I want move none of these plants until late November/December. Thats when I have had the best luck moving any existing plants.

Thanks

John

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County