Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhodo is blooming now!

Posted by joyce69 ontario (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 8:06

My sister transplanted a mature rhodo from someones' garden in July.

The day after my fathers' death she was amazed to find the rhodo full with buds and one pink flower.

She believes that this is a sign from my father. Is it possible for a rhodo to rebloom in September or could it be a message from my father?

Cheers, Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhodo is blooming now!

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 23:56

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rhododendrons will sometimes bloom in Fall - reasons are thought to be weather related or occasionally a reaction to stress, can also be a trait exhibited by particular individual plants rather than all in a variety. Still, if she is finding some comfort in what may be a meaningful coincidence, I'll be the last to argue with her.

o
RE: Rhodo is blooming now!

Thank You morz8 for your kind words!

I would imagine this mature rhodo was stressed due to the transplanting 2 months ago. It just surprises me that it would re-bloom, it didn't even think we could grow rhodos in our climate:) I don't even plant species that need zone 5 as our winter temperatures can dip very low some years.

I won't argue with sis either,

Cheers, Joyce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here