Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best lavender shade azalea?

Posted by bamboo_ca z10 SoCA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 13:06

I am interesting in purchasing several new lavender shade azaleas for the shady region of a bed in which I have lavender and blue flowers already. So I was wondering which azaleas people would recommend (particularly for southern California) and where and when I can purchase them.

Thanks
Chad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best lavender shade azalea?

i like the color of 'elsie lee'. a web search for that cultivar should produce sources for mailorder. carlson gardens comes to mind. this one blooms a bit later than most of mine but is a nice, soft lavender flower with frilly edges.
poukhanense azalea/korean azalea is another similar color (perhaps more to the pink side of lavender) that blooms very early for me.
'autumn royalty' is a darker purple of the encore group (reblooming) of azaleas.

Here is a link that might be useful: carlson gardens - purple and lavender azaleas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here