Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PJM rhodie - taking care of orphaned stem with roots

Posted by mo13 8 WA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 17:30

Hello,
When I was buying some azaleas, I found an orphaned PJM rhodie stem with some roots (about a couple of inches of rootball) lying between the azaleas and the nursery let me have it for free. I brought it home, put it in the ground and have been watering it everyday. Is there anything else I can do to help the poor thing survive?

Thanks for your advice!
Mo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PJM rhodie - taking care of orphaned stem with roots

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 20:33

Moist but not soggy, and it sounds like you are doing that. If you placed it where it's getting afternoon sun, you might want to provide temporary shade through this month - it doesn't sound as though it has much root to provide water to the top growth. Mulch to keep the roots cool and conserve moisture. Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here