Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhododendron

Posted by michele_1 ms 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 11:53

I've heard that rhododendrons do not do well in MS z7.

I have a very shady area in the woods I would like to plant a rhododendron if one would do well there. I need some big shrub to screen us from the neighbors at the back of our little woods.

Is there a variety of rhododendron that will do well in this area, MS z7?

If not, is there another shrub that will act as a screen in this very shady area?

I could really use your help on this one.
Thanks,
Michele

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhododendron

Michele, I have about fifteen rhododendrons that are doing quite well. I am in Northeast Mississippi. Most of them are planted in dabbled shade around the edge of the lake. If they are too shaded they don't bloom well. They are slow growers for me. I have had some 12 years and they are about seven feet tall. Some hardy ones for the area are Nova Zembla, Cynthia, Gomer Waterer, Scintillation, Vulcan, and Pink Pearl. If I can be of any further help contact me at larrybrzl@aol.com Thanks Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here