Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mfix_gw

Rhodo Leaves Yellowing and Red

MFIX
11 years ago

Help! My Rhodo's leaves have been turning yellow and red for about two months. Generally, the leaves in the inner portion of the plant, and mostly toward the lower branches are being effected. I have not done a soil test, but I have had this happen to a couple of leaves here and there over the last two seasons, but this is by far the worst I've seen. I read that leaching cement can effect iron uptake by effectively preventing it in the soil, and last autumn we built two new concrete steps with portland cement over them to smooth them out, could this be the cause? I also noticed that water was pooling more around the plant after watering this year, which is odd, because we had an unusually dry winter, spring and fall, and I don't ever overwater. Also, the blooms this spring were amazing, so it is also very strange. I noticed my other azaleas, and other peoples in this region, being effected by yellowing and reddening as well, and I thought at first that it was because of our unusually early starting, and very warm and dry season, but maybe not. Any thoughts?