Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pottted rodi

Posted by Vangy SW Mi (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 05 at 20:57

My beautiful mothers day rodi is in an apple crate on the south side of house at foundation/stoop on a chair. Can I put it on the ground against the foundation/stoop and leave it out for winter? I can mulch it w/ leaves.

Thank you

VangY likes to play in the dirt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pottted rodi

It would be much better to sink the pot into the ground. Even better would be to remove it from the pot and plant it. Rhododendron can die during the winter if the roots dry out. If you are is SW Michigan, you are in a region that requires hardy rhododendron. This may just be a tender florist rhododendron and may just be a house plant. Do you know what variety it is?

Here is a link that might be useful: Florist rhododendron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here