Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help IDentifying fall blooming azalea

Posted by milieu_serene 8b/SE GA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 12:39

I bought several different varieties of azaleas at the Vidalia, GA WalMart back in the spring for about $2.50 each. I figured if they failed, I wouldn't have much invested in them.

These are planted in Zone 8b.

Lo and behold, one group has been blooming off and on for several weeks.

They are NOT Encores. Can anyone tell me what these are?

From Azaleas Nov 2009

From Azaleas Nov 2009

From Azaleas Nov 2009

From Azaleas Nov 2009

Here is a link that might be useful: Joel's Public Gallery

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help IDentifying fall blooming azalea

Sorry but based only on the color, it really does look like one of the Encore Varieties to me.

o
RE: Help IDentifying fall blooming azalea

Thanks Luis. A nursery local to Vidalia, GA thinks it may be a Fashion. I tend to concur since I THINK I remember a tag on some of the 5 or 6 different varieties I bought that day being Fashion.

I also did some more research on Fashion and several people in similar zones report repeat blooming, even throughout the summer and well into winter.

The local nursery has some orange colored Fashion blooming now for $2 ea. Think I'll pick me some up this weekend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Azalea & Rhododendron Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here