Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomatofreak

'Influential Survey'

tomatofreak
18 years ago

Finally, an opportunity to sound off. I don't know about you, but I *really* don't like many of the changes that have been made to GW. Here are the comments I sent in the survey response:

"Take the site back to the way it was 6 months ago. We no longer have the option to send e-mails to each other, we feel like guinea pigs in an advertising experiment and you sometimes make arbitrary decisions about messages that miss the point. In one case I received a personal warning about a message I did not post. (It was inappropriate and you should have nipped it in the bud immediately.) Change is often good, but sometimes change is not the same as improvement. This is true of what has happened to Garden Web. Please stop fiddling with it."

If the survey appears at the top of your page, take it and let those folks know how you feel.

Comments (5)

• Garden_trolip
    18 years ago

Well...I just tried and this is what I got:

"Thank you for trying to participate in our survey. However, the survey has achieved its desired number of completions"

About 2 weeks ago I decided to become a contributing member, I really like the forums offered and I thought it would also get rid of the ANNOYING ads that hi-jack my entire screen. EVERTIME I clicked on the link to "contribute" I got the ritz cracker FULL page ad, I could not X out of it, it would NOT stop! I had to close out Gardenweb and try again 3 TIMES!!!!! I finally gave up. I e-mailed the administrators and asked if there was a way to sign up? I explained the problem with the ad making it impossible for me to get thru. I NEVER recieved a reply.....

• tomatofreak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, Barb, I can only hope that others yanked their chain, too. These people obviously never subscribed to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto. Remember the "send me an e-mail" feature? It's gone, along with the type face and font (on "my pages") that was large enough to actually read!

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

I should be arriving in Arizona in a few weeks for the rest of the winter, I am looking for some organic farms to visit...any suggestions?

PS A very large corp now owns GW...its a business, they dont really care as they are the largest and we are the largest controlled audience to be solicited with propaganda,you would have to find a privately operated homey place. I am surprized that you are able to speak like this freely here at GW. The discussions feature was removed on the compost forums due to this type of behavior.lol :)

Running and Ducking...

Heres looking forward to arriving in Arizona and spending some warm days gardening and playing tourist. :) I got my matching shoes, sunglasses and hat ready!

• judy_b
    18 years ago

tomato,

Can you go to View and increase your text size?

• AzDesertRat
    18 years ago

They resized everything so it fits on a 1280x1024 resolution which is the size most flat panels support right now. You can either resize your desktop to the same settings and increase the font size (right click on your desktop properties/settings advanced if you want to change your font size) and it may solve the problem.

As for the email thing, look in someone's journal and you can still email them from there. I posted something in the "obnoxious ads" thread about that.

Good Luck and HTH