Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marymcp_2

OT: Artistic Arborist

Hi All,

This is a bit off-topic so thought I would post to Conversations. I am considering hiring a company called Artistic Arborist to give me some advice on my trees and to trim and shape a large carob tree. Anyone have experience with these folks or know anything about them?

TIA.

Mary

Comments (5)

• Kathleen W
    18 years ago

No but they sure do have a great website with lots of great reference information on AZ gardening. I hope you'll report and let us know if they are good service providers. It would be good to hear real feedback so we could file away the info for possible future use.

Good luck.

• jimdaz
    18 years ago

I have not had work done by Artistic Arborist, but have heard the owner, Tim Johnson speak on different topics. I have also heard others give him great references. Keep us posted.

• MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jim,

That's good news! Their rates are reasonable, IMO and I have a savings account for 'landscaping' so I'll get some professional help and see if I can get this huge yard looking like my fantasy of it!!

• Pagancat
    18 years ago

So? How did they do?

• MaryMcP Zone 8b - Phx AZ
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I sent them a laundry list of stuff then called to discuss. We had scheduled a yard walk-thru with Tim Johnson, the owner of AA. The fee would be about $150 for the walk-thru and his written report of recommendations. Then DH got a ticket for a broken windshield and that ate the disposable income for the month. So I had to postpone the laundry list and scaled back to the most urgent need, which is the carob tree trim.

So, Tim is going to just give me a free estimate to do that. Hopefully, we can afford to have this done. It's a 30-year old tree and really needs a good trimming. We do not have equipment to get high enough. DH expects it to cost $1,000 or more. I hope not. Expect to have the esitmate this week. I'm very impressed with the company, they seem professional and knowledgable.

Mary

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor