Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Popcorn Cassia seeds - the plant smells like buttered popc

Posted by GardenHits 9a PHOENIX (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 05 at 21:42

Yes I have seeds from my
Popcorn Cassia - Senna Didymobotrya ( formerly called Cassia Didymobotrya )

If you have never been around this plant....you are missing a great treat. Not only does it smell like buttered popcorn. but it has gorgeous flowers for about 6+ months of the year. They say it dies back in a frost.
But mine made it through this last winter with no damage.

Check out my trade list and I also have things listed on "my info page" also

http://www.rareflora.com/sennadid.htm
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/53628/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Popcorn Cassia seeds - the plant smells like buttered

i was wondering where you can buy some of this seed and how much it is thank you janet

o
RE: HAVE: Popcorn Cassia seeds - the plant smells like buttered

Hi, I wondered if you had any more seeds. As a kid my parents had three of these in our front yard and I loved the smell. They died in a drought a few years ago, so I'd love to regrow some. I couldn't find your trade list, but I have some Texas ranger, Mexican bird of paradise, African sumac, Argintin mesquite, mottled spurge, pencil cactus etc that I could trade. Let me know if you might be interested. Thanks. P.S. Your yard sounds absolutely beautiful. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Arizona are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here