Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Lantana trifolia, aka popcorn lantana

Posted by Dirus z9 AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 05 at 3:54

I'm looking for any of the Lantana trifolia plants. I've seen them called "Popcorn Lantana," "Lavender Popcorn," and "Fruity Pebbles" before. I'm pretty sure those are generic names and not the names of patented plants. Some have purple flowers and some pink, but the flower color is not very important to me. I'm mostly interested in them for the purple corn on the cob seeds they set, as seen here on GardenWeb.

I prefer to trade rooted clippings and I have other Latanas to trade with -- mostly Lantana camara and it's hybrids. I have a lot of colors, white, yellow, red fading to yellow, purplish-pink to light yellow, and one that goes pink to red to orange to yellow. I'm probably forgetting some colors too, so feel free to ask. If you are looking to trade for a plant that is not a Lantana you could send me a list of plants you are looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Lantana trifolia, aka popcorn lantana

Thanks a lot Dirus. I see you searching the web for someone who has this to share, so I finally check the plant out- very neat little plant, another one I have to have. So, thanks. :-)

o

It's a very interesting plant indeed, but has been very hard to find. Recently in my search I saw a picture of a white flowered Lantana trifolia. The purple from the seeds/berries went wonderfully with the white flowers.

Biggest problem I'm having with online and postal catalogs is they usually have a minimum purchase requirement of around $40... that's a lot of money when all I need is one clipping.

o

Just thought I'd mentioned that I'm still looking for Lantana trifolia. They will be dying back soon in some places, so if someone wanted to trim them back a little and send me the cuttings that'd be great too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Arizona are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here