Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
climber

Posted by bbrenner_2007 9 (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 07 at 21:02

I have this climber on my back wall. It has been easy to take care of and actually survived the 07 winter!
I would like to find more of this vine but I don't know what it is - any help?

Image link: climber (2 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: climber

That would be vigna caracalla aka snail vine. If you had one that survived, you can do a "layering" to create more vines off of the one you've already got. Just take a portion of the vine, lay it against the ground and toss a little soil over a few areas that you'd like to have grow roots. Wait... and you'll have new runners suitable for growing new plants. Or, you can go to Home Depot and buy them off the shelf. :)

o
RE: climber

I cut a small piece off mine and put it in one of those jiffy pellets inside of a 2 liter bottle, near a window. Didn't take long to root and now I've transplated it into a small styrofoam coffee cup. I figure by the time it out grows that I'll be ready to transplant it out into the yard.
The layering methods works good too as I've started a lot of plants that way. Good Luck and Happy Gardening!

Gemfire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here