Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertdi_gw

Garden Hutte photo with link

desertdi
18 years ago

Oops... here's the link...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=54533138906&photoid=799473260106

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Hutte

Comments (12)

• Pagancat
    18 years ago

Most excellent! Love the EDF's and the trashy plants, too.... >smileDo you sit inside of it and drink tea?

• desertdi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Gin and tonic, actually.

:)

• usha
    18 years ago

Hey DD,
    Thank you so much for posting the picture and honoring my request. It is beautiful. Make sure you have your daughter/her BF cator any events since they did such a wonderful job at EZgoing's place.
    PS: I love the blue color!!

• Pagancat
    18 years ago

Hey, now - I didn't specify what kind of tea! Anyway, it looks great. Anytime you wanna rent out your husband.....

>grin

• desertdi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks PC...unfortunately, DH will be unavailable for at least the next ten years completing "my" list of projects!

Usha... I think you have me confused with someone else. My daughters live in Denver and don't cook or cater.

:) DesertDi (aka, DD and Di)

• usha
    18 years ago

I am sorry DD,
    Now I have to wonder who she is that I met at Allen's house. She is also from Tucson.

• Zill
    18 years ago

Love it! Nice "birds", too. Is that a large potted jade plant by the door?
    Zill

• desertdi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, as a matter of fact it is! I've been dragging that plant around with us for eight years... it was left behind by the owner of a house we bought in San Diego. It seems to like Arizona too.

Di

• tomatofreak
    18 years ago

Hey, my OH's project list is getting a little short. This looks easy enough to build, but can you tell me about how long it took your DH to build that one? Also, what is your primary purpose?

• desertdi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It took him 2-3 days and cost about $300.00 for the wood, nylon screen, and concrete to set the posts. The top is medium shade cloth (which I plan to change when I plant in the fall.) My primary purpose was just to protect my plants from critters... we have ravenous rabbits, squirrels, quail, and pack rats that will eat anything they can get to easily.

There is a raised bed inside that has a wire mesh foundation to keep gophers out. I plant from seed and don't want anything to mess with my efforts. Unfortunately, with all this protection, the bees can't get in either to pollinate, so next time I plant I'm going to change the top to 1/2 inch wire mesh to keep out birds, but not bees. Everything is on either a drip or spray with timers so that when we travel I can put all my house and patio plants in there too and have them watered while we're gone. At least that's the theory which will be put to the test starting tomorrow... we're leaving on a five week trip so there's no telling what we'll find when we get home. Either a jungle or disaster!

Di

• Pagancat
    18 years ago

Have a wonderful trip, come back to us safely! 5 weeks, shew!

• desertdi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks PC! 34-foot RV with three cats and DH -- what was I thinking??