Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkochan_gw

Burried Treasure.

jkochan
18 years ago

I decided to add some flowers along the front walkway. Now mind you, the area is L shaped, 10" wide by 6'long. I removed the dead flowers and started scraping the top soil away to get any weed seeds out and out popped this little guy! I thought that was cool... Well to make a long story short, after I was through there were a total of fourteen siblings who joined him in his new temporay home. FIFTEEN TURTLES in an area no bigger than six or seven shoe boxes. I didn't release them because of the herrons arround our lakes and the turtles are considered an invasive species and are trapped. Since they were so young (about 1 1/2" to 2" across) I took them to a lady in tempe who gives reptiles and other animals a home until she can find them families. She's got a LOT of turtles, a green iguanna, a Bearded Dragon, Imperial scorpion, two ferrets, a cat, dog etc. etc. etc. She trying to find a home for Gypsy, a Golden Lab /Akita mix, 8mnth old puppy with one blue eye. I have a picture if anyone's interested. Anyway is was quite a suprise to find all theses little guy's in my garden.

http://members.cox.net/jkochan23/Garden%20Web/Redeared%20slider.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:393055}}

Comments (4)