Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Citrus Fertilizer for use In Arizona.

Posted by JR78 9B USDA 2012 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 13:39

So I just purchased Arizona's Best Citrus Fertilizer, 13-10-4.

Can anyone vouch for this citrus fert. or any other suggestions for our soil and climate type.

Thanks,

Jon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Citrus Fertilizer for use In Arizona.

• Posted by bolt z8 Phx (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 15:02

That's my favorite citrus fertilizer, I use it 3 times a year, Valentines Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day (ish).

Kevin

o

• Posted by JR78 9B USDA 2012 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 16:14

Thanks Kevin.

o

• Posted by pgde Tucson Zone 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 19:13

Great stuff. Specially formulated for alkaline soils which we have. Also has micronutrient trace elements. And it is a decent price :-).

o

When fertilizing citrus its important to note the size of the tree and the amount of nitrogen in the product being used. Your Arizonas Best has 13 percent nitrogen (first number on the bag 13-10-4).

For an average sized tree, about 4 years after planting, it will need about 5 pounds of this product Per Year, or about 1.5 pounds each time if you fertilize 3 times a year.

Note: Grapefruit trees only need 1/2 the recommended amounts. Too much produces a thick peel.

Here's a link to a handy chart for fertilizing citrus trees. It shows how much to use depending on the size/age of the tree and the amount of nitrogen in various products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fertilizing Citrus

o

Where can I find this 13-10-4? I cant find it in HD or Lowes....quick advice please...

o

See if there's an A&P nursery near you. That's where I found mine.

o

Thanks Guys....I was looking online on HD and Lowe's but I decided to stop by Lowe's on my way home last night and found it there.....Looks like they have items in store which aren't normally uploaded inline.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here