Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
italian cypress

Posted by GoofyYno 8 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 9:59

Hi,
I'm planning on planting some Italian cypress in 35 gal. pots for around the pool. (I live in scottsdale). I would love to add trailing rosemary to hang over the sides of the pots. Is this a dumb idea?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: italian cypress

I don't see why it would be problem. The rosemary plants would probably want a little bit more water than the cypress, but I imagine it could work out fine as long as there is good drainage in the pot soil and a nice drainage hole or three. I love rosemary too and can see why you'd want some. I'm sure you know, but someone reading along might not, to keep an eye out for spider mites on the cypress, they really love them.

Let us know if you decide to do it, and how it works out. Happy gardening!
Grant

o

I planted these last month. looking good so far :)

I've been drip watering 3x per week so far. i was thinking of going to once a week, deep watering now, or should I wait a little longer for the roots to establish?

o

If you're going to switch to once a week, I'd do it before it gets super hot. Just keep an eye on things to make sure it's enough. That might be a little infrequent for the rosemary plants, but if you test-drive it now rather than when it's super hot you can make any adjustments. Great luck and do keep us posted!! Happy gardening, and thanks for the fun update!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here