Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle'

Posted by pollyrs 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 17:33

Has anyone tried "Fragrant Cloud" Honeysuckle Botanical Name: LONICERA PERICLYMENUM in the Phoenix area? It's a relatively new introduction (originates from Poland) and is advertised as being viable in my Zone 9 garden area.

Thanks for any help you can give

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle'

It sounds like this plant likes shade. Other than that it may grow here, it seems not too fussy.

Here is a link that might be useful: LONICERA PERICLYMENUM

o

I just saw this in some catalogs recently and was tempted myself! Let us know if you try it and how it does for you

I DO grow a lot of good ol' Japanese honeysuckle, Lonicera japonica on trellises and have fantastic success with them. They've proven to be great, evergreen, sun-tolerant cold-immune flowering vines for me and several of my friends that I've shared them with. This 'Fragrant Cloud' is different of course, so keep us posted! Happy gardening!

o

I ordered three of these Fragrant Cloud plants... One is planted in a pot on a north-facing patio near a pillar... Another is planted on a west facing block fence that gets afternoon sun... The third is in the ground near a post of an east facing overhang... They are all thriving after a week or 10 days in the soil... New growth is springing right out... Of course, the test will be our summer heat... I am concerned about their ability to do well here considering they are a variety that comes from Poland which I'm assuming has no climate like ours here in the desert southwest...

I have Halls honeysuckle thriving along a sidewalk entry to a courtyard near my front door... Neither the recent hard freeze nor the summer high roast temps have fazed it... Altho it doesn't bloom all that much... That's why I was interested in Fragrant Cloud -- they report that it blooms heavily which I'm hoping is correct... I'm interested in attracting bees and other critters to pollinate my veggie plot...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here