Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silver Sheens in Prescott?

Posted by ocbird 9CA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 6, 09 at 21:10

We're thinking of moving to Prescott and I'm thinking ahead to my garden... how do Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Silver Sheen' (or related shrubs such as 'Marjorie Channon' and
'Oliver Twist' do in that area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silver Sheens in Prescott?

Hi ocbird,

I'd recommend you contact the University of Arizona Yavapai County Cooperative Extension for information on plants that do well in Prescott. They have a great website with listings of plants as well as a weekly column called The Backyard Gardener. Click on the Horticulture link to a listing of gardening and landscaping info. You could also email your questions directly.

Here's how to get in touch.

Here is a link that might be useful: U of A Extension office in Prescott

o
RE: Silver Sheens in Prescott?

Hi ocbird,

I recently moved to Chino Valley, Az...which is about 10 miles north of Prescott. Gardening is different then in so. California (I used to live in s. OC too). The advise given to you by aztreelvr is good. I use the list for information too. I looked up your plants but couldn't find any info on them.
Winter is freezing cold in Prescott...summers are hot and humid. I also love gardening and I am learning what plants make it through and what don't. It's frustrating at times but I'm learning. Email me if you like...Prescott is a beautiful town to live in.

Beca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here