Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thisisme_gw

Kellogg Breakfast & others shipping March 1st

thisisme
13 years ago

A few weeks a ago someone was asking about Kellogg Breakfast. I did a search and could not find the thread to post this in. While looking around I found a seller who has them and many others available to ship starting March 1st.

I have extra great looking 24" tomato plants and I'm having a hard time finding people to give them to. Even so this seller has me more than tempted by some of his tomato and pepper varieties. I don't know of anyone else who ships this early.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kellogg Breakfast 4 Tomato Plants - Orange Beefsteak

Comments (10)

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I made purchase from these guys. They have good ratings at eBay and The Garden Watchdog and Amazon.com. I was hoping to be able to mix and match and not have to buy four packs but they said they do not sell plants that way.

Here is what I got.

Pink Brandywine Tomato 4 Plants
    Juliet Tomato 4 Plants
    Giant Marconi Pepper - 4 Plants

Not sure what I'm going to do with all of them. I only purchased them because I'm nearly ready to plant all my seedlings. I just didn't want to have to start more plants from seed this late.

• mangledmind
    13 years ago

any pics?

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They ship March 1st. I assume they will be fairly small since they are sold in a "Four Pack".

• mangledmind
    13 years ago

ahhh, I totally missed the March shipping date ... it was late ... :)

• greendesert
    13 years ago

I was the one looking for Kellog's breakfast plants. It looks like I missed your post earlier. oh well. I'm not crazy about buy plants by mail. Was hoping to buy locally or maybe split an order with someone already ordering by mail but it looks like you already ordered your plants.

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

greendesert I almost bought the Kellogg's breakfast. But I was talking to my wife and we decided on the Pink Brandywine. She and I both remember eating them growing up and neither one of has had one in over thirty years. They don't usually produce many fruit so I plan on planting all four.

Can you say Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich?

• greendesert
    13 years ago

yeah I have a pink brandywine this year and it's looking good

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They all arrived yesterday. I'm so busy trying finish getting my garden ready that I don't have time to take pictures and post them. They look OK but nothing to write home about. They are all roughly 4"-6" tall with some minor leaf damage. As soon as I get a chance I need to spray them to prevent blight and white mold.

• sundrop07
    13 years ago

Thisisme, have you grown the marconi peppers before? I grew them last year and they were amazing. I transplanted them mid May, they sailed through the summer heat, started producing late August and were still loaded up when this last freeze got them. I'm starting seeds again now, had sure hoped they'd overwinter and by golly they almost made it!

• thisisme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sundrop07 I've never grown them but I have read about them at Cornell University's Vegetable Varieties for Gardeners and in the Garden Web Vegetable forum. Nothing but rave reviews but no one ever really talks about taste other than they are excellent or great. As far as flavor goes is there anything you can compare them to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cornell University's Vegetable Varieties for Gardeners

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21