Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isabellat_gw

Potted Lemon Needs help!!

isabellat
15 years ago

I live in Arizona so citrus is usually very happy here. I potted a dwarf lemon so we could bring it around with us when we move. I can never really get great advice on how to care for it regularly. It is about 3 years old. Last spring I finally saw about 4 flowers on it and 2 of them turned to small fruit in which eventually feel off before growing any larger. The tree now has a lot of the leaves turning yellow it starts with a pattern of yellow and then most of the leaf turns. The tree isn't totally covered in yellow leafs but it defiantly looks sad. Any suggestions would be great. I use a citrus fertilizer ever 2 months from Memorial Day to Labor Day. When should I repot it? I would love to see it thrive and have an abundance of lemons. WhatÂs the secret to happy citrus?? I have the info on the fertilizer. Citrus organic fertilizer:

6-2-6

Nitrogen 6%

Phosphate 2%

Potash 6%

Iron .52%

I applied about 12 oz. cup and a half and watered for a while.

I was told not to fertilize from oct- feb so I held off the past few months. Like I said before it seems every nursery I turn to seems to have different opinions and only be product concerned. The tree just budded a dozen or so flowers on it which seems promising but looking at the leaves I know there is something missing here.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting