Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xill

recommendations on tree drips

xill
11 years ago

hey all. i've finally got my drip systems installed for at least 2 zones to get me through the summer without spending an hour every night hand watering. but I have 3 trees that i'd like to include on my zones as well so I can do away with using the water hoses altogether. I have a young indian laurel (about 15ft x 15ft) that is well established already, a fan-tex ash that is going on it's 3rd summer since planted from a 15g (it's roughly 10ft tall), and towards the back of the yard I have a chilean mesquite that I'm hoping will give my veggie gardens nice filtered shade in the coming years. The mesquite is just a stick right now, it was just planted 2 months ago. I run the drip on this zone for 60 minutes once a week and will be bumping it up to 90 minutes twice a week after we get over 100F. What size drippers and how many would you guys recommend for these trees if i add them to this existing zone? I'd like to drip the mesquite only enough to get it established the first year, and the ash is planted 3 ft from the edge of our back lawn so it gets some shallow water there too. The ficus has lots of shrubs all around it that are on the same drip zone as well so it's already getting a little water at the feeder roots too (and starting to produce nice lime green leaves already).

Comments (6)