Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New member plus plant id

Posted by timber334 9 STV (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 15:38

Hi I'm Tim and I am in STV. I have browed this board forum for years and finally joined. But I have a question, what is this plant I stumbled upon doing landscaping at my grandparents? Leaves are ovalish, limbs have few thorns, flowers are light green, fruit turns from light green to red like a tomato, seeds look like a super small tomato/ pepper seed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New member plus plant id

And it is intertwined with a creosote bush, and there are several all over this over grown area.

o

Looks like Wolfberry (Lycium fremontii).

o

Well I think I figured it out, a lycium pallidium or pale wolfberry.

o

Glad you've finally joined up and are posting, timber, that's great. I agree with you and the others that is sure looks like wolf berry to me too. I've been planting the seeds for years in my garden and they never sprouted until finally last year I got a few seedlings, so I'm excited to have them in the garden. Birds and bees really love them. Nice pics, by the way, keep the pics and posts coming. Often! :) Happy gardening!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here