Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xica_da_silva

Oh no! Did I kill my trees?

xica_da_silva
14 years ago

Hi all,

I have a baby Chinese Pistache tree(planted last October) whose leaves still haven't returned, after dropping all it's leaves in December(it's deciduous). Not one leaf! At this point, should I give up hope for him and buy another? I suspect he may have been over-watered while my sod (new house) was being installed...since I needed to run my sprinklers a lot more frequently at that time. Unfortunately, the way the sprinklers are set up, they will always end up spraying the trees a bit. I've got some Marguerite Daisies around the trees that are flourishing...does this make any difference? Maybe the daisies are sucking up all the nutrients? On the other hand, drainage may be a problem for the trees since they are surrounded by circular pavers?

I'm also a bit worried about my baby purple leaf plum. He hasn't lost all his leaves but he's not growing any new ones and the leaves that are remaining seem a bit brittle. Maybe I over-watered him, too?

Well, at least my Madagascar palm is starting to come back to life with beautiful green leaves sprouting out of the top.

Your thoughts or any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)