Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All in one Almond tree

Posted by littleluey Zone 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 17:51

Hello everyone, i am thinking about getting an All in one Almond tree. I have read they are supposed to be to take the heat in the desert, the tree will be planted in my back yard which faces south and will get sun pretty much all day long.
does anyone have any experience with them?

thanks for your time

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All in one Almond tree

I don't have experience with the All-in-One but I did plant 3 Garden Prince Almond trees last Spring. Mine are on the Eastern side of my house and get sun in the summer until very late afternoon. So far, they are doing well and right now, they are flowering.
The reason that I chose the Garden Prince over the All-in-One is that the Garden Prince has a chill hour requirement of 250 hours and the All-in-One needs 500 hours.

o

I bought one. The first year it flowered put on almonds then it died. I am really not sure why, it was doing so good. This was the the first fruit tree I had ever lost in my 40 years of gardening.I think the tree maybe a little picky about everything. Hope you have better luck
Camp Verde

o

Thanks for commenting.

I also read about the Garden Prince but noticed that it needs a pollinator, i am not sure i have room for 2 8-10ft trees. Are they fast growers?

o

I have a Garden Prince that I bought last year. It is doing fine. It doesn't need a pollinator and needs less chill hours than the All-In_One. The nursery guy told me the All_In-One didn't get enough chill hours here. I waited until I could find the Garden Prince. It has already flowered for this year.

o

where did you get yours dawg? it is an interesting option

o

I'm pretty sure I found it at Lowe's, but I wouldn't swear to it. I was looking forever & could only find the all-in-one. After I bought mine, it seemed like they were everywhere.

o

The Lowes in Mesa at Ellsworth and Southern had some today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here