Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
every1lovesjoey_

Where to buy trees Online?

every1lovesjoey_
11 years ago

I'm looking for a couple trees that I'd like to have shipped. Does anyone know a good place to order trees online that ship to Arizona?

Comments (12)

• thisisme
    11 years ago

The Spring planting season for bear-root trees in Arizona is over. You will need to plant potted trees if you are going to have any chance of success. At this point online nurseries have very few trees left and the most desired varieties are sold out. Depending on what you are looking for there still may be a nursery that has a tree left. I would not wait long though. Even in this weather a boxed tree sitting in full sun can expire if not taken care of quickly.

What kind of trees are you looking for?

Shade
    Ornamental
    Flowering
    Fruiting
    Tropical
    Semitropical
    bonsia

Today my wife is driving to Shamus's to buy a Pakistan Mulberry and a Mallika Mango tree. Of course they are both potted trees currently growing in full sun so they do fine.

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I want a flowering tree called a Kwanzan Cherry tree. I've done my research and they grow in our zone. Just hard to find.

• thisisme
    11 years ago

Try clicking on the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Not that hard to find

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I already tried and it will not ship to AZ.

• AJBB
    11 years ago

It's a little too late to plant. Your next time would be in late October-November.

Try Willis for Fall 2013 delivery.

Either way, growing cherries is a crapshoot out here. Most cherry trees can't tolerate our alkaline soil or the extreme sun of Arizona. Just because it's rated to 9a doesn't mean it can take Arizona's extreme growing conditions.

Best of luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willis Orchards

This post was edited by AJBB on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 0:59

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info and the website. That website offers so many trees! I appreciate your help.

• aztreelvr
    11 years ago

Hardiness zone 9 (9a and 9b) stretches from California to Florida and we all know our desert is worlds apart from Florida. It takes into account the minimum low temperatures but not the extreme highs. Try looking for plants suitable for Sunset Zone 13 and you'll be much more successful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunset climate zones

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great information on the climate zones. Thanks for the information. I think the nursery I purchased from just wanted a sale as they convinced me it would be okay in Phoenix.

• thisisme
    11 years ago

I'm thinking they love Joey's money more than they love Joey.

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good one! They got no love for Joey! Guess ill have to see how it goes when I get it.

• eriktampabay
    11 years ago

I am Arizona certified. I ship up to 3 gallon sized Mule palms in the pot. Erik@mulepalm.com

• richsd
    10 years ago

I've ordered several items including small trees from ForestFarm nursery in Oregon. They have a huge selection and an on-line order form.