Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our CRAZY mushrooms

Posted by mangledmind 9B (My Page) on
Sat, May 29, 10 at 11:24

Our crazy mushrooms, now we have them in a raised bed in the backyard which has a straight mix of GroWell Organics potting soil.

THESE DIE OFF AS SOON AS THE HEAT OF THE DAY KICKS IN.

DSC_2854

DSC_2855

AND THESE STICK AROUND ALL DAY THRU THE HEAT EVEN ?!?!?!?

DSC_2853

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our CRAZY mushrooms

• Posted by zzini Sunset 13 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 29, 10 at 14:40

wow - super 'shrooms!
We very occasionally get mushrooms popping up after monsoon rains - I didn't realize the spores (or whatever) were viable down here. Do you think these came with the potting mix or that maybe the spores dropped in from elsewhere?

o

Hey zzini,

We get mushrooms in our raised beds that are a 50/50 of Kellog Amend and Potting soil. I talked to the rep a month ago and he said they truck the product in from their San Diego supplier. So the mushroom spores could be from the coastal area. As for this batch, it has to be local, as this bed is 100% soil from GroWell Organics.

o

Neat to see, thanks for posting these. It's always fun to see who is growing what. Yes, even mushrooms. :)

Take care,
Grant

o

too funny Grant. Any new pics of your gardens progress?

o
RE: Our CRAZY mushrooms - June 2

Just mulched this pepper bed a couple days ago and look who showed up:

DSC_2916

DSC_2917

DSC_2918

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here