Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hacked?

Posted by haname z9 AZ (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 13:08

I have tried to respond to a couple of threads here and clicking anywhere on the page takes me to an unrelated commercial drug site. Is it just me? I even tried opening the site on a different browser but same thing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hacked?

No problems here. Sounds like a Trojan.

o

It just happened to me too. Its not a Trojan. The site has been hacked or they screwed up the code again.

o

Looks like it works now. :) Thanks for replying and I'm GLAD I don't have a Trojan.

o
Still a Problem, but only on one thread

I take that back... still having the problem but it seems to be only on a certain thread, the Three Bits of Advice thread. I tried to reply again and once again, it took me to the drug site.

o

I had problems on that thread too.

o

I'm a website programmer so I can provide some insight on this, I worked on fixing a site before like this, basically someone put something into a post that had code in it that was meant to exploit a security hole in the website so they are able to make the page do something its not supposed to (redirecting to the spam site), they most likely didn't hack the site, its just that they are spamming it, I would try to report it to the site owner but I don't know if they would actually care to do anything about it.

o

That makes sense rdazgardener. Too bad they are able to do that sort of thing. Hopefully this won't become a habit for whoever did it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here