Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden swing

Posted by letsharmonize 6A/2B West (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 13:14

okay ... dumb question probably ... but here goes ...

what is the advantage or reason to use a compression spring on a garden swing? just for a little bounce when you sit down?

there it is ... :)

here's another one ... should i mover the chains closer on my frame?

last one .. have any of you made your own garden swing canopy? my used frame isn't set up for a canopy, so i'm looking at ways to make one, cheaply. perhaps with aluminum rods and a rectangular vinyl tablecloth. it has to hold up to our winds up here.

thanks again, neighbors!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden swing

The compression springs allows it to give a bit when you sit down, especially if you happen to land hard/off balance. This will sometimes happen if you have an adult beverage in hand. ;-)

Instead of attaching the canopy, you could just use an umbrella strategically placed.

But hey - if this is too much trouble you could just give the swing to me, I love it!!!!

o

• Posted by campv 8b camp verde (My Page) on
    Mon, May 20, 13 at 18:40

Love the swing!
Xnay the table cloth it will just tear from the wind no matter what you do. I go throught one tarp every year coving our tow vehicle.
I like the umbrella. You can even buy one of those hugh market ones. Move it with the sun.
Agree with marymcp, can I be second in line for the inheritence, just in case she changes her mind about the swing.

o

thank you, mary and campv for your comments. lol i'll keep you in mind when i prepare my will. i have decided that if the mountain won't come to Mohammad; Mohammad etc etc. see photo! it is nice to sit under the trees, however there are lots of droppings (animal and vegetable) to deal with. nuttin's perfect, right?

by the way, i bought the swing from someone cleaning out a storage unit (it needs scraping and repainting), and the frame from someone else, who used it to hang clothes at garage sales! i just LOVE picking up treasures like this!

o

Score!! I love a bargin.

Re: the litter, we have that too with all our trees. Just keep an old sheet out there and cover it up when you're away. That adds an uglieness factor to the general yard look though. Nuttin's perfect, right?

o

• Posted by campv camp verde (My Page) on
    Wed, May 22, 13 at 19:13

That looks like a nice place to day dream!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here