Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is eating my babies?

Posted by letsharmonize 6A/2B West (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 15:36

in the White Mountains ...
someone suggested slugs.
since both leaves and flowers are eaten, it could be.
but the baby grasshoppers (you can see one on the biggest flower) are EVERYWHERE.

the reason i'm doubting slugs, is because i have a bed of petunias across the sidewalk from this bed, and in my past experience (coastal south) ... slugs just LOVE petunias, and eat them down to the soil line! but not a ONE of my petunias have been nibbled on!

if you have any input, i'd appreciate it ... including how to treat the problem!

thanks fellow gardeners!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is eating my babies?

• Posted by campv Arizona (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 16:54

Ck under that mulch for rolly pollies. The very top leaf looks like it also could be small little green worms eating the skin off the leaf. Dust w/7 or something simular

o
RE: What is eating my babies?

thank you, campv ... sevin has been dispersed on my babies ... i'll let you know the outcome

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here