Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
every1lovesjoey_

Garden Pergola

every1lovesjoey_
10 years ago

Does anyone know of someone that builds garden pergolas? I would love to have one built in my yard. I would like to find someone that can build one.

Comments (10)

• calb_gardner
    10 years ago

Hello ELJ
    I have several pergolas in my yard.. i am lucky enough to have a father that visits us for two months of the year and I keep him busy with projects Like the pergolas a Ramada and several trellises. Unfortunately he is not comfortable working for somebody else but I'm responding to your post With a suggestion for building material. We used redwood for all of our structures but we shall be replacing them with man-made plastic wood. Several friends have used this product and they love it. Having to stain our pergola Every two or three years is a major undertaking and huge pain in the you know what

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the response! I love pergolas in a garden and hopefully one day find someone that can build one. Thanks for the advice! The one in the pic is awesome!

• Typoggi
    10 years ago

THEY ARE SUPER EASY TO BUILD UNLESS YOU WANT A HUGE ONE. I HAVE BUILT A FEW FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I WOULD TRY TO BUILD IT MY SELF IF I WAS YOU. THIS IS THE MOST RECENT ONE I BUILT, WE DECIDED TO COVER IT TO GET A LITTLE MORE SHADE.

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love your pergola. It is awesome!

• newtoucan
    10 years ago

Yes please post more on this. I like pergolas too but cost is a factor and what kind of man made wood looks best. I'd like something very nice and professional, luxe. Not cheesy, but need recommendations.

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If you ever find someone to find you one let me know. I would like someone to build me one at a reasonable price.

• duhh
    10 years ago

Here is the website for the guy I found to do mine. Very reasonable and great guy!

http://olpcontracting.com/projects

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Do you have any pics of yours?

• duhh
    10 years ago

Actually. I have it scheduled to be built in January of this year. ( Its for my roses and grapes up front and that is the time frame that works for me.)
    The one pictured is the one I have out back in my garden. I traded services for this one and just had to pay materials, but when I asked if he wanted to do it again.. The price more than doubled and instead of a trade the quote had him making money too. that was not trading,
    So I went looking for another contractor and that was how I found Jared Olp. His quote came in way under the other and he has more passion, and enthusiasm for this kind of work!
    Hope this helps

• every1lovesjoey_
    Original Author
    10 years ago

WOW! That one looks great. Thank you for the pic. I want mine to be covered with vines with a bistro table and chairs underneath.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH