Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Groundcover/Vine ID on this plant

Posted by raimeiken (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 16:13

A friend of mine wants to know the name of this groundcover

http://i.imgur.com/U4MVl.jpg

I feel like I've seen this plant before but it's name escapes mind head. Anyone know the name of it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Groundcover/Vine ID on this plant

That's wedelia trilobata. We replaced the grass in our front lawn with it several years ago, and I absolutely love it. It grows like crazy, has pretty flowers, and doesn't need a lot of water. Totally easy care, just trim it back off the sidewalk once a month or so when it gets out of control.

From this:

To this, in about eight months:

o

awesome! Thanks!

o

Great pics, Plstqd! Thanks for posting them. I really like this plant too (often called "yellow dots").

Take care all,
Grant

o

Thanks, Grant. I have to tell you, I've been reading this forum for months now before joining, and I always enjoy your posts. You are very informative, but even more, you are encouraging and kind, which are rare qualities on the internet these days.

You actually inspired me to start a small succulent garden in pots on my patio (with the pots raised off the ground, so they don't leave stains on the tiles!) and I always look forward to your photos of your beautiful plants. Just thought you should know; even when you don't know it, you're helping people to be better gardeners :)

o

Hah! Thanks, that's very nice of you to say. I always feel like such a loudmouth on the forum, LOL. We'd love to see pics of your succulent pots so don't be shy--good job lifting them up off of your patio tiles, as we posted in a different thread it keeps the pots a bit cooler and the tiles a bit cleaner.

Thanks again, and definitely keep the pics coming!
Grant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Arizona Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here