Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haname

My Kaffir Lime for Tomatofreak

Haname
11 years ago

I didn't want to hijack the beautiful Gardenia thread but to answer tomatofreak's question: yes, I have a kaffir lime tree. Last year just about this time, I posted on this forum asking about it and got lots of helpful answers. If you read that thread you'll see others have done well with it here in Phoenix. I wasn't able to find what I wanted locally so I bought online. Here are some pics of my tree that I took today for you:

First is the overall tree. The trunk is about 5/8" so it's still essentially just a stick. I wanted a dwarf tree so this one will be perfect for me. The crown is about 13" across today but growing fast.

{{gwi:405178}}

It stayed dormant all winter but has been putting out new growth like this at regular intervals

{{gwi:405180}}

You can see here that some of the leaves are slightly chlorotic or something

{{gwi:405182}}

It's in a 1 gallon glazed pot and has been fed with citrus food according to the directions for potted citrus. According to the source it should be able to live permanently in a 5 gallon pot after gradual potting up when the roots show at surface or the drainage hole. If anyone has advice on how best to care for it, I would love to hear.

I'm happy with the tree and looking forward to making some Thai food with it. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My GW forum Kaffir Lime Thread From Last Year

Comments (7)